Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image in Titleblock Not Printing

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jpemm
5655 Views, 13 Replies

Raster Image in Titleblock Not Printing

I am having trouble with our business logo (.jpeg file) not showing in our titleblock when printing on A1.

I have also discussed this problem on RevitCity.com however I am finding that similar users are also having the same problem with Revit 2012.  Is this something that can be upgraded or fixed? Is it our printer that may need to be upgraded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
vector2
in reply to: jpemm

Usually that kind of problem is that you didn't import

the image as the exact size you want it on your 

titleblock.

Message 3 of 14
gc
Participant

Select the jpeg image and go to the Properties dialog box.  At the bottom of the box is "Draw Layer"; you can select Background or Foreground, change whichever is selected and see if that works.  I seem to remember trying this quite a while ago when I was having a similar problem.

Message 4 of 14
jpemm
in reply to: gc

Thanks for the suggestions, however neither of them worked.

I tried importing the logo at the ratio needed for the titleblock, rather than its full size and scale down.  It still didn't print.

And I also tried changing the image from "Foreground" to "Background" and vise versa. Still nothing.

Thanks for you help regardless, at least we can narrow down our solutions from here 🙂

Message 5 of 14
gc
Participant

Can you convert to a png file and try that?  How about uploading the image and see if someone else has any success?

Message 6 of 14
ryan.duell

Is this being sent directly to an HP Plotter?  There have been reports of similar behavior.  One example setting to adjust in the print setup is here:

Images drop out when printing to HP plotters from Revit 2010 products

Otherwise I would try exporting to DWF > then printing the DWF’s.

Ryan Duell
Message 7 of 14
jpemm

Sorry for the delayed reply guys.

@gc - I tried converting the image to a .png format like you suggested, however I still couldn't print out the titleblock properly with our logo showing.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

@ryan.duell - Yes, our sheets are being directly sent to the HP Plotter.  I unfortunately couldn't view that link you pasted into your reply. However, I did a little research around the Autodesk forums myself and found another link you had posted in a similar thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Raster-Images-Do-Not-Plot/m-p/2652910/high... &

I then found this link which had a step-by-step to solve my problem.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13666326&linkID=9243099

Thankyou so much! Finally we are able to print to our HP without the hassle of worrying whether our logo will print or not. Much appreciated! 

Message 8 of 14
vector2

I think this issue has been resolved with Revit 2013.

Message 9 of 14
fanorserrano

It is not working in revit 2015 !!! any sugestions? I have done everything ... turning the autospool off, sending images to background and foreground 

This annoying failure is taking too much time 

Message 10 of 14
alanrchrist

The link with your solution does not work.  It just redirects me back to the Autodesk Knowledge Network home page.  In addition, this problem still exists in Revit 2016.

Message 11 of 14
mpwuzhere
in reply to: alanrchrist

@alanrchrist Try inserting your image into an annotation symbol first, then load that into your titleblock.

PNG's tend to look better than JPG's too.

Message 12 of 14
alanrchrist
in reply to: mpwuzhere

I tried creating an annotation symbol with a "Title Block" category using the "Generic Tag" template, and it comes into the drawing with the colors reversed (white on black background).  However, it does print, so thanks for that.  Any thoughts on why the colors might be reversed?

Message 13 of 14
Joelle.Kay

My company just bought a new HP plotter. we are in 2016, using versions R16 and R17 extensively. This is still a problem. I was surprised to find that in 5 years this bug hasn't been fixed... 

I have tried all tips, including making the image into an annotation symbol, switching the button from vector printing to rastor in the print options, and creating the image in different formats. I am still looking into the SmartSpool tip. Our HP is a newer plotter and this terminology is 5 years old so this tip is obviously outdated.

Autodesk please fix this.

Message 14 of 14
chadcross
in reply to: Joelle.Kay

Have you tried selecting "Remove lines using: Raster Processing" under Print Setup from the Print dialog? The output file will be bigger vs plotting using Vector Processing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report