Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image in a 3D view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2983 Views, 4 Replies

Raster Image in a 3D view

I am developing a series of shadow study views, and have placed a satellite photo at the base of the model.  I am using a decal to do this as bitmaps can not be placed in 3D views... or so I thought.

I've come across the following page, which seems to have acheived this :

http://sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com/buildings/vasarirevit-sunpath-visualization

I downloaded their dataset and investigated.

http://sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/core-page-files/solarform.zip.zip

(refer to the attached photo,... I don't have the bitmap file so it does not show) 

I tried copying the image from their file and pasting it into my file; I get the typical error.

How did they do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I (quickly) looked at the website and the dataset. I only see the picture appearing in Vasari not in Revit.

When opening the dataset Revit (2015) it also mentiones it is a Vasari generated file.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you EnlInt for looking into the example. For clarity, I do not have Vasari, and do not know enough about it to want it. But it gives me hope that one day raster images can exist in 3D views as their own object.
Message 4 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

As a workaround, it is possible to create a Decal, the assign you raster image to the Decal, use Realistic View setting, and have the raster image display

in a 3D View. You will need to scale the image carefully in a 2D view for accuracy.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: cbcarch

Is there still no way to show Raster image in a Shaded or Hidden 3D View?  I cannot use Realistic or Raytraced visual styles because I need to show the Mass Surface Pattern colors, driven by parameter value criteria (imilar to Plan color schemes, but in 3D).  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report