Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range of accepted values in parametric inputs?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yowzadave
2037 Views, 2 Replies

Range of accepted values in parametric inputs?

Hi:

Is it possible to create an instance parameter that is restricted to a specified range (say, from 0 to 25 feet)? So that if the family is instantiated, and the user changes that parameter to some invalid value (like -100 feet) then it will be reset to 100 feet?

I'm assuming that this would be done using a conditional statement, but I keep getting the error "circular chain of reference" whenever I try to make this happen.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: yowzadave

The circular reference error occurs because probably you are including in your conditional statement the same parameter used for user input. You need another parameter to avoid this error, with this formula, based on the user's input parameter:

IF (Length < L Min, L Min, IF (Length > L Max, L Max, Length))

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Radish_G
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi @Alfredo_Medina,

Great solution,

Is it possible to pop-up a warning message instead of setting to a certain value?

Regards
Radish G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report