Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
beacharchitect
528 Views, 3 Replies

Railings

Any ideas on how to make a parametric Chippendale style railing. (Google it for examples). I have tried to create a baluster panel but Revit wont' let me equalize the distance between the angular bits between the diagonals.

Thad Broom, AIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Parametric diagonal grids are difficult, especially if the items are an array. If they are individual members, not nested, it is possible, but still dificult. You need to contrain the diagonals to vertical and horizontal reference planes. It is not necessary to use reference lines. You do need some trigonometric formulas. Good luck.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Trig? Ouch I kinda remember that. It had the sine thingies I think.

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: beacharchitect

It should be possible but as mentioned you will have to put in an effort. However, if the project is not that big can you use a standard generic family. Simply model to the shape/size you want, load and array as needed. See the attached as an example. Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report