Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing Difficulties

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
380 Views, 6 Replies

Railing Difficulties

I have a 12" high conc wall that I wish to add railings to. The wall starts out at a height of +1'-0" and slopes down to 0'-0". I want the top of the railing to follow the slope of the wall. I cannot seem to make this happen. This is not a stair or a ramp, simply a low wall with railings.

Anybody got an answer to this?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. I just posted an example of this at www.zoogdesign.com/forums yesterday... http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3424&highlight= "tamala" wrote in message news:30868697.1082413571098.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a 12" high conc wall that I wish to add railings to. The wall starts out at a height of +1'-0" and slopes down to 0'-0". I want the top of the railing to follow the slope of the wall. I cannot seem to make this happen. This is not a stair or a ramp, simply a low wall with railings. > > Anybody got an answer to this? > > Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I'd just make a ramp, to which the railing can be attached and then turn the ramp visibility off. Make sure that when you move the railing you are actually moving the ramp to which it is attached; otherwise the railing will become detached. Sincerely, glynnis patterson, Architect RAND IMAGINiT www.rand.com/imaginit
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Unfortunately, if there are other ramps in the project - they will also be turned off. So this is not the best solution in many cases, as ADA ramps abound. "glynnis [IMAGINiT]" wrote in message news:40852a57$1_2@newsprd01... > I'd just make a ramp, to which the railing can be attached and then turn the > ramp visibility off. Make sure that when you move the railing you are > actually moving the ramp to which it is attached; otherwise the railing will > become detached. > > Sincerely, > > glynnis patterson, Architect > RAND IMAGINiT > www.rand.com/imaginit > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

hi tamala, the only workaround which whirls arcoss my mind is Ref. plane. you can trick Revit using them to show ur desired results. Here goes how... 1. create railing as normal. 2. create wall without any slope. 3. now sketch sloping reference plane cutting the railing at desired slope. 4. Attach the wall top to the plane. 5. this should hide the porition of the railing inside the wall as desired by you also at the same time maintaining your wall slope. Hope this helps.... sorry could't detail much, in little hurry... "tamala" wrote in message news:30868697.1082413571098.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a 12" high conc wall that I wish to add railings to. The wall starts out at a height of +1'-0" and slopes down to 0'-0". I want the top of the railing to follow the slope of the wall. I cannot seem to make this happen. This is not a stair or a ramp, simply a low wall with railings. > > Anybody got an answer to this? > > Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Create a thin sloped floor that corresponds to the top of the wall (use slope arrow in the floor sketch to create the slope). Attach the top of the wall to the bottom of this floor. In the railing command use Set Host and select the sloped floor as the host for the railing. See the attached Power Point slide. "Arfath" wrote in message news:40cd6151_3@newsprd01... > hi tamala, > > the only workaround which whirls arcoss my mind is Ref. plane. you can trick > Revit using them to show ur desired results. > Here goes how... > 1. create railing as normal. > 2. create wall without any slope. > 3. now sketch sloping reference plane cutting the railing at desired slope. > 4. Attach the wall top to the plane. > 5. this should hide the porition of the railing inside the wall as desired > by you also at the same time maintaining your wall slope. > > Hope this helps.... sorry could't detail much, in little hurry... > > > > "tamala" wrote in message > news:30868697.1082413571098.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have a 12" high conc wall that I wish to add railings to. The wall > starts out at a height of +1'-0" and slopes down to 0'-0". I want the top > of the railing to follow the slope of the wall. I cannot seem to make this > happen. This is not a stair or a ramp, simply a low wall with railings. > > > > Anybody got an answer to this? > > > > Thanks. > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "wall top railing.ppt"
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Wow... Wonderful David, thanks... "David Conant" wrote in message news:40cdb552_3@newsprd01... > Create a thin sloped floor that corresponds to the top of the wall (use > slope arrow in the floor sketch to create the slope). Attach the top of the > wall to the bottom of this floor. In the railing command use Set Host and > select the sloped floor as the host for the railing. See the attached Power > Point slide. > > > > "Arfath" wrote in message news:40cd6151_3@newsprd01... > > hi tamala, > > > > the only workaround which whirls arcoss my mind is Ref. plane. you can > trick > > Revit using them to show ur desired results. > > Here goes how... > > 1. create railing as normal. > > 2. create wall without any slope. > > 3. now sketch sloping reference plane cutting the railing at desired > slope. > > 4. Attach the wall top to the plane. > > 5. this should hide the porition of the railing inside the wall as desired > > by you also at the same time maintaining your wall slope. > > > > Hope this helps.... sorry could't detail much, in little hurry... > > > > > > > > "tamala" wrote in message > > news:30868697.1082413571098.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > I have a 12" high conc wall that I wish to add railings to. The wall > > starts out at a height of +1'-0" and slopes down to 0'-0". I want the top > > of the railing to follow the slope of the wall. I cannot seem to make > this > > happen. This is not a stair or a ramp, simply a low wall with railings. > > > > > > Anybody got an answer to this? > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report