Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing Balusters Center Justified

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4672 Views, 4 Replies

Railing Balusters Center Justified

We're trying to draw a railing using the Revit railing command.  The issue that's coming up is that we want the balusters to be placed outwards from the center (as in there's a post in the middle of the span) and the remainders at the end posts are whatever they end up being.  One of the runs is small enough that the 5' baluster spacing is centered at the space (as if Revit insists on having at least a 5' space in there and it looks like this: |  |       |  | ).  What we've done for now is to tell it to space the balusters exactly the distance from center point to each end (like this: |     |     | ), but that means we'll have to make a new railing family for each run and that's very inefficient.  Is there any way to specify what we mean by center justification?  Or are we stuck with faking it in everywhere?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure I understood you well...but if you want a sort of middle simetry with a middle baluster and a serie of equal segments to the right and left of middle point , I think it will be possible :

• Architecture > Railing> Sketch Path > draw two equal segments , one from begin to middle and the scond from middle to end , or split the segment in two equal parts and OK
  • Select the railing > Edit Type > Baluster Placement > Edit > check the options: Break Pattern> Each Segment End , and Justify>Spread Pattern to Fit

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Yes, that's exactly what I want.  It won't give me an overlapping segments error?  And will it have 2 balusters in the center then?

Message 4 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

I've made a test with what I  described in the previous post.

Look in the attachment.

The railing from the front is made by a splitted in two the path  , the background railing is a single segment path. A model line is traced to have a referance for the mid of the railing segment.

Spread Pattern to Fit means that the segment are not exactly at the distance set, but close to it so to be equal distances between the vertical bars...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Great!  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report