Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save as new file..." is greyed out?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
krigh
5101 Views, 4 Replies

"Save as new file..." is greyed out?

We have been using Revit's "Save as new file..." function to save out files from our Central Model. In our model if I select different floors I get different results. I don't know what causes it to grey out. See attached JPG. Can someone please tell me what in the floor might cause it to grey out? (unfortunately due I cannot upload the files).

Thank,
- Krigh

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ASI_BSD
in reply to: krigh

If you open the floor plan that you want to Save as a New File, and draw a detail line anywhere on the floor plan it will allow you to Save as a New File. Once the file is saved you can delete the Detail Line.

BSD Technical Support
AdvancedSolutions.com

"You may not be able to erase your past, but you are the artist of your future!"
Message 3 of 5
rgilbim
in reply to: ASI_BSD

My issue with this work-around is when I import into Navisworks I get an error. 

I know this becuase its the only view/Level I have an issue with in Revit. All else work fine. Any thoughts ? 

Message 4 of 5
ngerasim
in reply to: krigh

7 years past.. We are still there. Draw detail line and delete after export - seriously..? Love, you, Autodesk Heart

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: ngerasim

Seriously? I find that useful...even better than a Promt Message. Both Save and Save as should be grayed out till a change/modification to the file has been introduced to the file. This is not an exclusive Revit feature. At least a dozen other softwares has it.

The "Oh! This file is or has been openned so lets just save it just in case" is more like a Microsoft Word habit 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report