Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Curtain Wall Mullion Family is Loaded"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Matasovsky
31727 Views, 7 Replies

"No Curtain Wall Mullion Family is Loaded"

Slowly being driven nuts....

I'm getting "No Curtain Wall Mullion Family is Loaded in the Project. Would you Like to Load One Now?"

This is after I loaded Mullion Profiles from the Imperial Library. This is after I created a family using the Profile-Mullion.rft and loading that into the project.

Just trying to add Mullions to my Curtain Wall grid. Already have a door positioned. What am I doing/not doing to have the problem???
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Scott_Womack
in reply to: Matasovsky

Just loading a mullion profile, does not automatically create a mullion. You'll have to go to the families section of the Browser, go to Curtainwall Mullions, select a systems one, like rectangular, and is there isn't any under it, select it, and create a new type. Rename the type, and under its properties, set the profile to what you want.
Message 3 of 8

Hey Scott, if you look closely, I don't think you answered the question on this thread.  I have the same question.  It's understood that loading a Curtain Wall Mullion Profile is required in order to create a mullion and that more steps are required after that.  The question is, how to troubleshoot this issue, if after loading the correct type of profile from the libraries when initiating the create Curtain Wall Mullion command an error message continues to pop up suggesting appropriate profiles are not loaded.  Have a look at the attached image, the system standard Curtain Wall Mullions show in the project browser, however, the message still appears.  I also created a new family starting with the "profile mullion.rft" and when I loaded it into the project Revit filed the family under profiles, not under curtain wall mullions and the same error message persists.  Do you have any suggestions?

Message 4 of 8
jaredW2GZW
in reply to: bheidmousWNHRM

The issue is that you don't have any Types created for any of those loaded Families. Right click one of those Curtain Wall Mullion Families > New Type.

Message 5 of 8
bheidmousWNHRM
in reply to: jaredW2GZW

Thank you, that was very quick and easy. A different error message to cover this situation would be beneficial. Instructions were to load a family however creating a new type in an existing family was the answer. Cheers!
Message 6 of 8

same problem in my project and i don't have  a solution to create a new project 

if any solution to pleas suggestion me

Message 7 of 8
jaredW2GZW
in reply to: adbhandari96

@adbhandari96 

Look in the Project Browser>Families>Curtain Wall Mullions. There should be Circular Mullion, L Corner Mullion, Quad Corner Mullion, Rectangular Mullion, Trapezoid Corner Mullion, and V Corner Mullion. On one of these families, Right Click>New Type. Now you can add instances of that new Mullion Type to your Curtain Wall either by placing them manually, or by setting them as the Mullion Type in your Curtain Wall's Type Properties>Grid 1/2 Mullions>Interior/Border 1/Border 2 Type.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 8 of 8
d22128465
in reply to: jaredW2GZW

The best answer and so into the point. Thanks so much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report