Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the format of the surface element name in gbXML

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
153 Views, 1 Reply

Questions about the format of the surface element name in gbXML

Dear Officer,

I am exporting gbXML file from Revit Architecture 2013. And I am looking at the format of the name of the surface element. According to the Autodesk wikihelp, I understand that it is composed in a form as :

orientation-space-(other space)-exposure-type-sequence number-(opening type)

It means if the surface is an interior wall surface, there will be two adjacent space names recored here. such as N-101-102-E-W-D-84 

But I notice that in my gbXML file, I have some terms like :  B-2-2-I-F-10, B-2-2-I-F-16, X-1-1-I-O-6, and 

X-1-1-I-O-15,  I notice that when the orientation is "Botom" or it is a type of "air", the space names will repeated twice. Why does it happen? Is there any special meanings for this?

Thanks! 

Best,

Na 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AnnaOscarson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Na,

I think the behavior you see may be related to the floor element bounding the space; it may have the "Function" parameter set to “Interior” instead of "Exterior" (The "Function" parameter is a Type Property).

When a surface is categorized as interior it needs to be adjacent to two spaces. If it is only adjacent to one, then the same space name will be used.

Hope this helps.
Anna

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report