Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about unintended changing scales in other sheets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
octavio2
470 Views, 4 Replies

Question about unintended changing scales in other sheets

I have a floor plan with a very long footprint in a "View" drawn at a convenient scale.

The long building had to be broken to be put on several different "Sheets", and each of the floor plans on each of the sheet has a scale.

When I change the scale of the partial plan on one "Sheet", all the other sheets also change to the same scale and also the original view changes to the new scale.

Is there a way to assign the desired scale of the plan on one sheet without affecting the scale on the other sheets and on the original drawing view?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: octavio2

It sounds like you have your views set up as dependent views creating the parent child relationship. With that - what ever happens in one view happens in all dependent and parent views.

The only way to break this is to make them all independent views, I have attached an image of how to do it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
octavio2

Thanks for the suggestion, I followed it as I state below:

I was working only with a primary view at a determined scale, so to make independent views I had to create two new dependent views from the original primary view of the building floor plan, and then from one of these I created the independent view with half the building and I put it on a new sheet at the desired different scale.  I notice then that the primary view do not change scale by doing that, so that was good.  

But in the new sheet with the new independent view the original tags that I originally created in the primary view  disappeared and are missing and I could not put them back (so far) with the visibility graphics.  I notice that I can put them back creating new tags (i.e..., the bad thins is that I had to place each one individually again, but the good thing is that the new placed tags inherited the old room names and numbers, so at least that two way correspondence was good).

My next questions:  In situations like that, is there not a quicker way for the original tags to appear in the new independent sheet and view at the correct new scale without having to go thru the additional steps of placing each individually again?

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago

Tags are considered annotation - therefore it is view specific, what view you place it in - is the ONLY view you will see it. 

There is a Tag All Not Tagged command on the Annotation tab>Tag pallet. This will give you the option to tag all of the rooms at one time. In the dialog box - you just have to select what you want to tag and click apply and it will place a tag in every room - this is the quickest way to do that.

Image attached

And yes - it remember what room it is. That makes it very convenient when you need to do a section or another view you can quickly drop a tag in and it will always be coordinate.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
octavio2

Thanks, Lisa.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report