Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about title blocks and opacity

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
alessandra.carraro
1808 Views, 13 Replies

Question about title blocks and opacity

Hello everybody I have a question: I should create a title block that hides the drawings behind it but I can't find how. I tried with a solid white fill pattern inside the family but all the lines (after importing it in the project) disappear. I noticed that just texts have a opacity/transparency field but not the "frames" of my title block. What should I do?

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Why are you trying to create a title block that cannot show any drawings?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 14

Actually I'd like to hide just a part of the drawing, the one behind the description of the project (title etc). If I put a solid fill inside the family I can't see the lines of the frame when I load the family inside the project. I attached two images to make it more understandable (img1 what I see, img2 what I would like to see) 🙂 Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 14

I see... interesting... In that case, you need to insert an image (just a white rectangle .jpg) in the titleblock family. Then, in the project, the image will hide the graphics of the views of the project, but not the lines or the labels of the titleblock.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am running into the opposite problem.  I am setting up a template for a client in Revit 2017, attempting to match the look of their project sheets produced by Autocad.

They use a jpeg 'band' along the right of their sheets that fades from darker gray to lighter gray, and contains their project logo, sheet numbers etc.  I've imported a jpg logo and jpg 'fading band' onto the titleblock.  All text is in revit.  The band is set to 'background' in the titleblock, which lets me put all of my nice revit text and lines on top of it. 

Works great.

**BUT** they also add notes and legends into this band on individual sheets.  When I try to move any legends or drafting views  over this titleblock band on my sheet, the titleblock band appears in the foreground, obscuring the notes.  I've tried to just put the notes directly on the sheets (not in any view) and notes work fine-- but I cannot get lines made on the sheet to show up on top of this titleblock band. And filled regions aren't an option to go directly on a sheet anyway. (still trying to match a look of their set...)

Adding a transparency map on the original jpeg does not work either. I've attached a screenshot...

Thoughts?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am running into the opposite problem.  I am setting up a template for a client in Revit 2017, attempting to match the look of their project sheets produced by Autocad.

They use a jpeg 'band' along the right of their sheets that fades from darker gray to lighter gray, and contains their project logo, sheet numbers etc.  I've imported a jpg logo and jpg 'fading band' onto the titleblock.  All text is in revit.  The band is set to 'background' in the titleblock, which lets me put all of my nice revit text and lines on top of it. 

Works great.

**BUT** they also add notes and legends into this band on individual sheets.  When I try to move any legends or drafting views  over this titleblock band on my sheet, the titleblock band appears in the foreground, obscuring the notes.  I've tried to just put the notes directly on the sheets (not in any view) and notes work fine-- but I cannot get lines made on the sheet to show up on top of this titleblock band. And filled regions aren't an option to go directly on a sheet anyway. (still trying to match a look of their set...)

Adding a transparency map on the original jpeg does not work either. I've attached a screenshot...

Thoughts?

Message 7 of 14
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the JPG. You will see options to set it in the background or foreground

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

Yes, it is set to 'background' in the titleblock family.  But somehow appears in the 'foreground' when loaded into the actual project.

M

Message 9 of 14
Sahay_R

Can you share the family?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Here is the titleblock family in question.

Message 11 of 14
Sahay_R

Check your text. I had no problems inserting text over the grey area.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for looking at this.  I did get text to work (both on the titleblock and on the sheet in the project)... it was trying to put any legends over the gray band on the sheet that is the issue.  I tried legends and drafting views... both ended up behind the gray band.    I was thinking I would have to compromise and put everything on the sheet (outside of any view) and could get text to work but not lines.  And filled regions weren't an option going directly onto the sheet so I really couldn't make the legends I need (at least located over this gray band, which is their standard).

I think I'll have to opt to convince them to move any non-text items onto the white-space of the sheet, instead of their standard.  Not sure what is going on.

M

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for looking at this.  I did get text to work (both on the titleblock and on the sheet in the project)... it was trying to put any legends over the gray band on the actual sheet in the project that is the issue (which is this company's standard).  I tried both legends and drafting views... both ended up behind the gray band.    I was thinking I would have to compromise and put everything directly on the sheet (outside of any view) and could get text to work but lines would end up behind the gray band.  And filled regions weren't an option going directly onto the sheet so I really couldn't make the legends I need (at least located over this gray band)

I think I'll have to opt to convince them to move any non-text items onto the white-space of the sheet, instead of their standard.  Not sure what is going on.

M

Message 14 of 14
ToanDN

@Anonymous

Create another Titleblock type without the image and use it for sheets when you need to have Legend graphic on top.  Copy and paste align the image directly on those sheets and it will stay in the background.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report