Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantities of layers of the wall,

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JamaL9722060
3427 Views, 7 Replies

In the screenshot below, I wanted to have the total volume and area for each layer of the wall. For example, the total volume of the concrete is 6.00+2.94=8.94.

How to further group the “material: name” such that the areas and volumes are summed up?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Clip_314.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jesser
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Jamal, If I am understanding correctly you want to sort by the "material:name" and add a blank line. Assign a footer and include totals( there are options here so take a look at those). This is achieved within the schedule properties. I am not near REVIT at the moment but hopefully I am explaining clearly. I'll respond further tomorrow if you are still not getting it too work. Jesse

@JamaL9722060 wrote:

In the screenshot below, I wanted to have the total volume and area for each layer of the wall. For example, the total volume of the concrete is 6.00+2.94=8.94.

How to further group the “material: name” such that the areas and volumes are summed up?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Clip_314.jpg

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
Message 3 of 8
JamaL9722060
in reply to: jesser

Thank you Jesser for the answer.

Please, have a look on the screenshot below. What I wanted is to summarize the schedule table as shown in the Excel table.

Can I do this type of summery in the Revit without the need to go to Excel?

Clip_317.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 8
jesser

Jamal,

Take a look at the attachment.  You should be able to achieve what you are looking for by manipulating the schedule properties.

Good luck.  Let me know if you have more questions.

Jesse

Jesse Remick

Message 5 of 8
JamaL9722060

Thank you Jesse for the very informative answer and the screenshots. This is very helpful.

Best

Jamal

Clip_319.jpg

Clip_320.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 8
JamaL9722060

Hi again Jesse,

Could you please elaborate more concerning the issues below:

• Geometrically, how to differentiate between
    • Area, Material: Area and Material: Paint?
    • Material: Volume and Volume?

• Why the “Area” and “Material: Area Paint” and “Volume” are null in the schedule?

Clip_323.jpg

• Why the Revit takes the centerline length as a base for calculation of Areas and Volumes despite the fact that the Revit specifies exactly the boundaries of each layer of the wall when selected?

Clip_327.jpg

Clip_328.jpg

Clip_329.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 7 of 8
jesser

Jamal,

I can elaborate a little, but we are getting close to the end of my knowledge.  So hopefully someone who know more will chime in if I speak out of turn.

Area: 

• This is the exterior side of the wall, so depending on how the wall is joined miter or butt.  In your example the area of each wall would verify based on the connection.

Material Area: 

• This seems to follow the Area calculation.

Material Paint:

• This seems to be a toggle that refers to whether you as a user have overridden the wall material by painting the surface.  If you have it will not calculate a Material Volume.

Material Volume:

• This is determined by the height of the wall, thickness of material and the length of the material (based on a centerline of that material, not the wall).

Volume:  

• This is the volume of the wall using the centerline as the length.  Height and thickness of wall are used.

Now of course my units are different, but I've tried to show my calculations below.

I am not sure why the volume categories are not showing up in your schedule.  But the Material Paint is displayed correctly.  You could try creating your own calculated value in the Field tab.  In the formula you can manually add parameters. 

See the attachment as I was having trouble pasting into the body of this reply.

Jesse

Jesse Remick

Message 8 of 8
JamaL9722060

Many thanks for the elaboration Jesse.

The link below contains my simple file in case you have time to see why the values of Area and Volumes are not included in the schedule.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lxl210v4xxz6hhd

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report