Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting in Foundation and Walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdesposito2
322 Views, 2 Replies

Putting in Foundation and Walls

I am having issues with placing my foundation wall in, then my normal exterior wall ontop of it. I created the different levels, but the foundation wall does not show up on any other level since it is a negative dimension. How can I still view it even if it is below ground level so i may add the exterior walls on top of it? THANK YOU

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You need to create another level at the top of footing, and with that level create a foundation plan view, with the view range modified properly for that kind of view.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

What Alfredo says is right for the foundation Plane View, and on this view you'll position everything is under the 0,00 level.

But ,  as  architect ,  I prefer first, to made the ground floor plane, then the second  floor , etc, and after all I want to add the foundations so to conect the building with the soil.

In this way I prefer to place the foundation walls from the GroundFloor level plane so to control the relative position of these two walls (ground floor and foundation)

In order to visualize the foundation wall  I change the View Range of the Ground Floor (Bottom and View depth) view to a negative value ( refered to ground floor 0,00) let'say -1,00 and I begin two draw the foundation wall...if necessary activate Wireframe Visual Style...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report