Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette Disappeared

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
annikina
4690 Views, 8 Replies

Properties Palette Disappeared

While working on two monitors I wanted to reposition the properties palette. When shifting it around it suddenly disappeared, and yes, I have tried switching the properties on and off in the UI. I have also tried resetting the UI, both manually and with the script provided by autodesk. When the properties palette is switched on, I see my project browser and model on the screen, but my PP is nowhere to be seen. When trying to activate parts of the model, say a wall, the model does not respond. When switching off the PP in the UI settings the model works fine again and I can access the different parts of the model. It seems like the PP, when active, is laying in front of the model view in some way or another, but it can not be seen nor activated/moved in anyway; i don't know where it is. I hope someone have a solution to this problem as I need to be able to change the properties of my model for further work.

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: annikina

Try this solution.  it will reset the UI to the default settings.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14880949&linkID=9243099

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 9
annikina
in reply to: loboarch

Does not help, as I wrote earlier, I have already tried to reset the User interface.

Message 4 of 9
loboarch

Sounds like you might want ot try re-installing Revit then.  The resetting of the UI should have resolved the issue.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 9
miss_metz

Hi there - this link does not work anymore - it just opens a txt page - can you help with that - please?!?!?

i am desperate!

thank you!

Message 6 of 9
loboarch

The link is working for me.  You should see some instructions and a downloadable script you can use to reset the interface.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 9
miss_metz

hi again - the link doesn't work for me - neither in explorer or on firefox - i just get the txt document?!?!?

can u maybe add the .vbs file in here? it would be much appreciatet!

Message 8 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: miss_metz

File is attached.  You will have to change the extension back to vbs to get it to run as a script.  I could not attach VBS files here.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 9
miss_metz

ah that's perfect, thank you very much!!! 🙂 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report