Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROJECTED OUT WINDOW FAMILY HELP

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alex60
612 Views, 5 Replies

PROJECTED OUT WINDOW FAMILY HELP

Hi all, I am doin a projected out window family, and want to rotate the sash of the window an angule to represent the inclined part of the window, but I recive the message as in the attached image. How can I rotate the window family in the vertical plane. Any help will be helfull.

Thanks in advance, Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
subhra_civil
in reply to: alex60

Hi,

Can you send me your Revit Family file so that i can see what is the exact problem you have faced?

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 3 of 6
BIMAbhi

You can use the Reference Line instead Reference Plane for creating angle parameter.

We  have attached a sample file for your reference.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 6
alex60
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Hi all, as seen in the image, I am using a reference line to move the window sash , but the problem is that I can not align the window with the reference line in the family editor. We have done other families with this parameter and are working fine, but with windows families has been impossible to rotate the geometry to the reference line.

Thanks, Alex

Message 5 of 6
Alisder.Brown

Alex

For this type of function, I would reccomend modeling the rotateable window panel as a seperate "Face based" family with the width, height, thickness and material parameter and load it into your window family. Make sure to choose the "place on face" option and place it onto your Ref line as the host. If you do this you will be able to move change the opening angle to w/e you want (assuming the angle parameter is on the REF LINE not the window. You will need to allign/lock the hinged edge to your window frame so it dosent move. I have attached a very basic example with a changeable opening.

Also, make sure you link the panel familys parameters to the window family parameters once you load it in.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 6 of 6
alex60
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thank you Alisder, your advice worked fine and finally we have the window family flexing in the angle we want

Thanks again, Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report