Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

projectbrowser - folders under views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
372 Views, 4 Replies

projectbrowser - folders under views

This may be a silly question and maybe I am missing something obvious.  I thought I used to be able to change the folder that the views reside.  For instance the default for Floor Plans is under the "Floor Plan" View folder.  I thought there was a "view name" or something like that where you just type the new name for instance - 3D Views Samples, then it would appear in the list of options for this heading.  It would then create that folder in the list under views.  Can someone tell me where to find that??  Thanks.

Regards Peter.

REVIT Architecture 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

You can customize how views are organized. There are some default ways and you have the possibility to make modifications by using parameter.

Als these can be found under "View", "User Interface", "Browser Organization"

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

What I wanted to do was create another folder, like Floor Plans, Elevations, or Sections to store 3d rendered views that are associated with a certain area of the building.  I remember being able to just changing the "view type" or "view name" or soemthing like that and it would create another folder in that list under views.  Does that not exist anymore, or am I just crazy? 😉  Thanks for any help.

Regards Peter.

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas

I do not believe you can add 'folders' to the project browser. (Folders is basically not a good description. Your views are basically sorted and grouped according to different parameter values.) When you create certain files then that 'folder' willl be added automatically.

For example if you create a rendering and save it to the project then the 'folder' renderings will show up. You can control the organisation of the project browser by "browser organization". You can filter, sort and group your views in different ways. If you create a project parameter and apply it to your views. Then you can use this parameter for sorting and grouping of your views.

Browser Organisation.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
loboarch

You can create a "custom folder" by adding a project parameter applied to views and then setting the browser organization to use this.  IN the attached image i made a parameter for my views and then assigned a value of "Jeff's views" to it.

custom_browser_org.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report