Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project upgrade from older version error (2014-2015)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
justin.s.coetzee
239 Views, 3 Replies

Project upgrade from older version error (2014-2015)

HI,

I have come accross an iretating issue which is troublesome. At our firm a project was undertaken in Revit 2014, with multiple versions of the file with various backups, working from a central file. After detaching the central file and saving a single file in 2014 we upgraded our Revit to 2015 version. 

The issue now is that I want to use/edit this project in 2015 now, and not in 2014. So when opening the project 2015, as is normal, the project upgrades to the latest version (one time upgrade). The upgrade reaches 95% (upgrading loaded families) and then stops, throwing out an error message reading: A SERIOUS ERROR HAS OCCURRED. THE CURRENT ACTION HAS BEEN CANCELLED. See image

I have tried opening various other 2014 files and it works perfectly, but this one for some reason doesn't. I deleted all the CAD imports as well from the file and it still does not open. Does anyone have any help or advice for me please? I also audited and purged the project, so it is clean from unused elements.

Please help?

Justin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: justin.s.coetzee

does the file open in 2014 fine?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
justin.s.coetzee
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes it opens perfectly in 2014, no issues.
Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: justin.s.coetzee

do you have the latest updates installed for Revit?

there are 5

anyway to post the file or upload to dropbox, google drive etc?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report