Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Project Point and Survey Point

270 Views, 1 Replies
05-04-2011 10:01 AM

Does Revit Arch. 2011 lockdown the position of either of these points in relationship to the model?  If I saveas to a project, as a central file,  does it lock down the position of either of these points?  If I export the model into Civil 3D 2010 the insertion point is the project point, not the survey point.  The survey point has been moved to the proper coordinates, and the model updated to the coordinate position via the specify coordinates at point command.  Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Thanks

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Project Point and Survey Point

05-06-2011 07:56 AM in reply to: civman_daar

At any time in the project you can change the project base \ survey point.  It never really gets locked down, and you can change it through a variety of approaches such as publishing coordinates, relocating the project, specifying coordinates at a point, acquiring coordinates, or transferring project standards.  I have included some examples below:

Publish Coordinates

Acquire Coordinates

Specify Coordinates at a Point

Relocate Project

Transfer Project Standards

For the ADSK Civil3D workflow it functions somewhat differently where the Survey Point coordinates are utilized.  I would reference the thread below on this issue, which included tutorials on the necessary workflow:

Project Point and Revit Internal Coordinate system

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.