Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Parameters for Mass Identity Data

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bimandict
2805 Views, 8 Replies

Project Parameters for Mass Identity Data

Hi,

The question is: Is this a Revit Hard Code issue or am I overlooking something?

The issue:

I have created some In-Place Masses (with floor mass for each level) and I have created 2 Project Parameters for for the Mass Schedule. Parameters are Block and Sub Block as Text under Identity Data and in the Mass Category. When the Mass Heading is ticked all mass categories are ticked. So Im thinking, it should not matter what type of Mas schedule I setup. The Parameters should be available in the fields.

The Schedule is created as a Mass Schedule. and the Parameters show up in the field and data is populated as I expect.

Then!

I want to create a Mass Floor Schedule and the parameters are not showing up in the fields list. Also I can not Add Parameters from the Schedule dialogue window as those Parameters has already been created.

When I select the Mass  Floor in a 3D view the Identity Data fields in the Properties window are mostly greyed out. The Project Parameters do not appear as Identity Data fields and the Edit Type is greyed out (not that Edit Type maters but it adds to the thinking process)

Additional question: Is there a logic to this or as said above am I missing something?

Thanks 🙂

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: bimandict

Go to Manage > Project Parameters > select the custom parameter > Modify > from the list of categories to which the parameter applies to, select also "Mass Floors", so that the parameter applies to both "Mass" and "Mass Floor".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
bimandict
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

All Mass categories are ticked.

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Message 4 of 9
Jason_S

What are you using the titles Block and Sub Block for?  If they are names of the spaces you can use the TYPE Parameter of the masses which shows under the Mass Floor schedule selection set.  That gives me the name of the mass and the floor area in that mass.

This is how I get the data needed.

2014-02-25_125407.jpg

Message 5 of 9

Following your steps I observed that if  under Instance Parameter , I choose only Mass Floor from the list the two Project Parameters appear in both schedules and also in Indentity Data under Properties ...

Image 01.png

Image 03.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Very Cool constantin.stroescu......

That will come in handy for me also. Thank you
Message 7 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

@bimandict wrote:
"... When the Mass Heading is ticked all mass categories are ticked."

That sentence makes me think that you clicked only on "Mass", and not on "Mass" and "Mass Floors". Seems to me that you are assuming that because you clicked on "Mass" the parameter should be available to any other category related to "Mass". Otherwise, if "Mass Floors" is checked, there is no reason why you should not be seeing the parameters.

As Constantin is showing above, maybe you made the custom parameter by "Type" instead of "Instance". When it is by type, some categories don't show up on the list, such as "Mass Floors".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 9
bimandict
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in responding and thank you for the time you spend on this, much appreciated.

I include some images this time 🙂

I tick the Mass heading and all the tick boxes are ticked in the + expansion list.

(Project Parameter Image)

I can add Block as a field in a Mass Schedule

(Mass Schedule Image)

But for a Mass Floor Schedule the Block in not on the list

(Mass Floor Schedule Image)

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Message 9 of 9
bimandict

ok. . .

So I un ticked all Mass category boxes in the Project parameter. Then reselected (ticked the boxes again).

Now its working.

Not sure why?

But its working now.

Thanks for the input 🙂

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report