Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project parameter - preset values?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Keith_Wilkinson
560 Views, 3 Replies

Project parameter - preset values?

hi,

I'm setting up a filing system for view within Revit. I'm basing this around CI/SfB using project parameters. On existing projects this is working fine, however I want to add it to my project template.

For the existing projects once a particular value has been assigned to the parameter in question eg (21) Ext Walls this automatically becomes part of a drop down list. However if the parameter value isn't assigned it doesn't appear in the list.

My question is, is there any way to assign values to a parameter without them actually being assigned to a view? If not it's going to make it more difficult to implement as folk will need to constantly refer back to a list elsewhere - or is there another way of doing this that perhaps I've not considered?

Cheers

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

You could duplicate your ground floor plan n times (or any other plan that you always have in a project)

Assign one uniqe parameter value to each of these plans.

Give them a name that is easy to filter, something like Template_View_21...22..., or create a project paramater.

And then hide these views by customizing your project browser setting in the template - add a filter for the name or a project parameter.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion. I did consider this but to be honest it feels a bit clunky and it would potentially mean a lot of views to cover primary and tertiary sorting.  I'm guessing though from the lack of alternative ideas my options here may be somewhat limited!  🙂

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 4 of 4

Hi Folks,

Is this something that can be done now with the latest version of Revit? Appreciate any related feedback from the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Audi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report