Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser missing items

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
livi-99
13930 Views, 9 Replies

Project Browser missing items

I've just downloaded the student revit-architecture, however even after reinstalling I cannot find the elevations in 'Project Browser'. I only have floor plans and ceiling plans. Is it hidden somewhere? Tutors cant find it either

thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: livi-99

You have to create an elevation view in order for the "elevations" node in the project browser to show up.  Only views that are actually in the project are listed in the project browser.

Go to a plan view of your model and place an elevation marker, then the elevations node will be listed.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 10
panchomorones

I've been using Revit for several years and in all the previous versions of revit, whenever I create a new project, the project browser Elevation Views (North, South, East, West) appear by default. However I recently installed Revit 2013 and the elevation views do not appear by default. Is there anyway I can make them appear every time I create a new project?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
maxlol
in reply to: panchomorones

I am also in this trouble bro.....I installed autodesk Revit 2011 but i am not finding the Elevation view(left,right,south,east) views...Just getting the floor plan and ceiling plan...How can I get them for any new project so that i can always make new levels for my designing..Basically need the Help greatly.............................Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
maxlol
in reply to: loboarch

I am also in this trouble bro.....I installed autodesk Revit 2011 but i am not finding the Elevation view(left,right,south,east) views...Just getting the floor plan and ceiling plan...How can I get them for any new project so that i can always make new levels for my designing..Basically need the Help greatly.............................Smiley Sad

Need help from Autodesk...........

Message 6 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: maxlol

It sounds like you are not starting from a template file.  The elevations should be in a template file.  Make sure your installation included the content.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 10
maxlol
in reply to: loboarch

It's ok when I am starting from a template file from c drive....But when I am starting a new project,then why the elevation or I can't see the East,west,left,right view  in the project Browser panel...Can I load anything from templates from the installed drive to get the left,right,east,west note and to make levels?  Thanks for your kind responding...

Message 8 of 10
maxlol

Hey Bro.....I am okay now..Really i was in a problem to set the default template path...I set it now the default location for templates and family content in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2011.And really it worked great..Thanks a lot ...Now please would you give me some links of PDF'S as I want to perform well in Autodesk revit designing as I am an Artichect..And i also learnt autocad..So please help me by giving the necessary links of books or Pdf's for the user manual of revit 2011 as I can get much help from them by downloading them from net...Hope to hear you....Really feeling so happy................Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 10
VELUMA
in reply to: maxlol

Hey, can you print screen for show for us?? i don't understand how you configure the families in the C:

Message 10 of 10
in reply to: VELUMA

go to"view, after "user interface...and select from there "project browser"....and whatever is missing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report