Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser and Properties Frozen

73 REPLIES 73
SOLVED
Message 1 of 74
ste239
68659 Views, 73 Replies

Project Browser and Properties Frozen

Hi,

My computer crashed earlier today and since i've started up Revit again my project browser and my properties have become frozen. I can maximize and minimize them but i cant move them anywhere or click on anything thats in them.

I've rebooted and also run a repair but no luck.

I've searched countless forums and cant seem to find anything relating to the problem and revit is unworkable without these 2 items working.

I'm running Design Suite 2014.

Any help is appriciated.

73 REPLIES 73
Message 2 of 74
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ste239

Hello, I can't help much, but I can suggest trying two things:

1. Under Options, try toggling 'Hardware Acceleration' and see if that helps.

2. Try installing Revit 2014 Update Release 1, which is available on the Autodesk Subscription Center.

Good luck!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 74
bzuzik

Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I am having exact same issue today

Message 4 of 74
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: bzuzik

Revit some how got corrupted. the best thing to do and usually fix it, go to Start bouton and write Regedit

once the registry editor windows opened 

fallow this video https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/6069434e-3ed2-4a10-b182-a3d16eeb6292

and then reopen Revit

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 74
bzuzik

That worked, thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 74
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

no problem please click accepted solution to help others to find it

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 7 of 74
ddillow
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Alaaeldin Alsahi, thanks for that solution!

For those not interested in watching a video, he simply renames the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014

to:
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014 backup

Message 8 of 74
will

Hi- am having the same problem and tried the reqedit fix but it did not solve the problem.  Properties and project browser windows are still frozen.  I am using 2014 Revit LT.  Anything else you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 74
C.haskings

I have just gone through this issue on 2015.

I tried the 'successful' link and did not get the intended outcome. not sure if the same process for 2015 applys.

The method I used to unfreeze my project browser were as follows:

1. Open 'User Interface' under View tab.'

2. go down to 'Browser Organisation'. This is where I changed a preference. Under the Sheet tab I changed the preference to 'Prefix' ( i'm sure any tick box would event in the same outcome). Apply and OK.

This updated in my project browser which had also unfrozen my project browser . I then went through the same process to change my preferences back.

All working again!

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 74

I had teh same problem on 2015 ur6

Did the Registry Edit & it all corrected

Great tip

Message 11 of 74
geotob
in reply to: C.haskings

Same problem with 2015. Clicking "prefix" worked great!

Thanks C.Haskings

Message 12 of 74
mmorrissette

I have also found that if you open a new project for some reason it will unlock the project browser and properties.

Message 13 of 74
ANDYHOMAN1
in reply to: will

turned off hardware accelation and re-started 2014....YEA!

Message 14 of 74
arask14

This worked for me! Thank you very much for the help.

Message 15 of 74

I know this is almost a year later, but we found that simply opening the options dialog box and closing it again without doing anything in it allows you to close the Project Browser and Properties.   We even have a plug-in that freezes the same way and the same workaround allows us to close that.

If anyone is following the steps from C.haskings (thank you for those, btw), hopefully this will at least save you a few clicks.

Message 16 of 74
petecaistor

That worked for me too. Thankyou very much!!

Message 17 of 74
shudongs

This techniqe works great! Very easy to do.

Go to UI/Project Browser Organization/Sheets/, put check mark in Sheet Prefix (one other than the current). Come out, windows will be active, then you can go back and switch back to you original setting under Sheets.

All fixed!

Thanks

Message 18 of 74

I think we just had this also... we solved it by going to Options > General... and simply retyped the Username into that edit box.

As soon as we did this... the project browser could be moved again.

Message 19 of 74
NR2015

Thank you

This solution helped for me too

Message 20 of 74
obrill2

Thank you so much for the option you gave! I have Revit 2016 and only under the Browser Organisation steps allowed it to unfreeze.

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report