Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with editing materials. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
258 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with editing materials. Please help!

hi  everyone

im having a problem with editing the materials of things.

For instance, ive clicked edit type and selected grass for a subregion and then ive selected a floor and changed its material to timber and when i click apply, both the materials for the floor and the subregion changes to timber.

I do not know how to solve this problem. this happens with every other elements as well. they all become the same material when i try to change the material of just one thing.

Please help me! ive attached a screenshot image of what happens

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See images.

Message 3 of 3
lanl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dhlee,

You set material “Default Floor” for a floor, and assign “Grass” for site. Then you change the shading color of material “Grass”, but you found that the shading color of the material “Default Floor” also changed to the same color, right?

Does this issue happen on a specific project, or on all projects?

If this only happens on one project, you can delete all other objects, only leave two objects which can reproduce the issue, and then send the file for testing. If this happens on all project, I would recommend try a clean uninstall and then reinstall of Revit 2012 following the link below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099

thanks.

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report