Revit Architecture

Contributor
mechitar
Message 1 of 3 (287 Views)
Accepted Solution

problem with window family visibility in project

287 Views, 2 Replies
06-09-2013 04:15 PM

I'm fairly new to Revit, so it's entirely possible that some obvious thing that I haven't thought of is causing this visibility problem.  On the other hand, I checked out all 33 items from this visibility problem checklist and none of them look to be the source of my problem.

And the problem is: I created a hosted window family, and when hosted in a wall in the project it shows up in plan view as a cut opening with a blank rectangle where the mullions and glazing should be.  When I hover the cursor over the window object, the mullions and glazing are visible, ghosted.  I guess the window is acting as though a masked region is covering up the window geometry, but there are no masked regions in the family.  Also, the issue definitely doesn't have to do with view range/depth or any categories being turned off.  And the window looks good in elevation view. 

Attached:

Screen cap showing window in wall as it appears in the project;

Screen cap showing window in wall when cursor is hovering over it;

Revit file of the window family

The top horizontal mullion, the header, must be turned off for plan views. If the header is left as visible, it obscures the mullions in plan views.

Therefore, do this: Select the header > Visibility settings > turn off "Plan / RCP" > Load into project  >  :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: problem with window family visibility in project

06-09-2013 06:06 PM in reply to: mechitar

The top horizontal mullion, the header, must be turned off for plan views. If the header is left as visible, it obscures the mullions in plan views.

Therefore, do this: Select the header > Visibility settings > turn off "Plan / RCP" > Load into project  >  :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Contributor
mechitar
Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: problem with window family visibility in project

06-10-2013 07:20 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That's a pretty strange way for Revit to behave.  But your tip worked beautifully.  Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!