Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH THE LINES OF PERSON

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
280 Views, 4 Replies

PROBLEM WITH THE LINES OF PERSON

I would like to include these figures in my drawing but only want the outline of the 3D people and a blank white out in the middle.

Can any body help me.

Untitled-1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
davidwilliamedwards
in reply to: Anonymous

If these are Families created by an inported DWG or SKP file, you can create 3.5D versions. If you can export a Hidden Line version of front and side views. This can be inserted into each view and along with a Masking Region can get what you're after. It takes some time, but a common procedure.

David William Edwards

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: davidwilliamedwards

Well, what i really want is have it solid without lines in the 3D too, as it shows on the image, is there a way of edit the family and have it without lines?

is there a way that you can ilustrate it step by step if that is posible.

thanks.

Untitled-1.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

thanks very much for the info. i am still struggling however. Do you export to flatten line in revit? if so can you illustrate the procedure a little more? i have upload the 3D person for your convenience.

Message 5 of 5
L.Maas

What David is talking about is in the program the woman was modelled see if you can export a front, side and plan view with hidden line settings.

You can then load those into Revit and place them in the plan, front and side views.

If you can not export hidden line views from the other program you can do something similar in Revit

Load the model in a Revit family (as you have done already). Use a masking region and/or symbolic lines to outline the model.

Do this in the different views (plan, front and side views). With visibility settings you can control what will be shown in the different views.

You can even decide to keep the  3D model for display in 3D Views.

(With assigning materials and setting line colors you can suppress the lines a little bit in a 3D View)

As example I did a quick outline of the model in plan view to show the process.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report