Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with monitor following installation of Revit Architecture

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
163 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with monitor following installation of Revit Architecture

Hello!

I recently installed Revit Architecture 2012 on a rather old XP machine with an ATI FireGL v3350 graphics card. Unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough to check system requirements, so I did not know that my graphics card was not supported by Revit Architecture. After running RA, my monitor seemingly lost its ability to display a percentage of its color. My picture became very grainy, and the screen was constantly flickering. This was occuring at all times, even when RA was not running. Oddly enough, when I rebooted, I noticed my PC's manufacturer splash screen was flickering as well.

As of now, I have a few questions. Is it possible for software to damage a graphics card? Additionally, does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? I have already uninstalled RA and updated the driver of my graphics card, but both did not seem to help.

I'm aware that these problems are stemming from my own lack of judiciousness when I failed to check the system requirements, but I would be greatly appreciative if anyone has advice.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My guess is that it is just a coincidence and unlikely that installing the software has messed up your video card.. But you can always uninstall RA and see what happens. I would suggest seeing if there are any newer video card drivers that you can download and install.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report