Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Modelling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
158 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with Modelling

Hi, I am building a model for some kinds of plumbing fixtures like a wall hung w.c and bidets etc in order to create families of them. The problem is that i want to create smooth surfaces all around the model because there are unwanted lines that appear as a result of revolution or a sweep or other command of 3D modeling that am using throught the process.
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
melarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you building this model in AutoCAD, Revit Project or Revit Family? If Revit Family you should be able to use SOLID and VOID forms to carve out the shape to eliminate any additional linework as shown in your example.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology To Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes i created the model on revit and its a family. I am familiar with the Solid and Void commands but i wonder if there is a command which can be used to create "Smooth" curved surfaces after using the Solid and Void commands. To be more specific, when i draw a sketch which is made up of multi-lines and then specify the axis of revolution, the resulting mass is formed with lines on the surface as shown in the attached file
Message 4 of 4
unjust

switch your view to not be shading with edges, or alter the number of faces involved (fillet the edges larger)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report