Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with missing things

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
da09154
212 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with missing things

Hello,

I just installed Revit Architecture and I notice that there are many things missing. For example,there are no wall and floor  types except for one basic, there are no site elevations at the beginning and there is just one floor plan.  Also, I can't see any doors or windows. It says that no door/windows families are loaded. (You can see the problems on the attached pictures.)

I tried to uninstall the program and then install it again but nothing changed.

Can anyone tell me how I load families and if I can make all this things appear?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AJA14
in reply to: da09154

Hi. There is no problem with the software itself, it is just a matter of missing templates, families, ...

Therefore, you could go ahead and download these from autodesk and place them in the correct location.

Just two things for you to remember.

1- Walls are system families, therefore there are no families you could load, but the template you start with will have some built in types. Therefore, to create new floors in case you start from an empty template is to click edit type, duplicate, rename, edit structure, and create any new type you would like.(Same thing applies to floors)

2- Column, doors, windows, ... are loadable families, that is why you get asked to load them, so if you click yes and find none, it means they are missing and you need to download them and place them in their corresponding folders.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report