Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with material appearance

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MKEllis
235 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with material appearance

Hi

I've enountered a problem with an appearance that I've assigned to one material - automatically get assigned to another at the same time (Revit 2013)

I've created two duplicates of the 'Brick, Common' material - and named them:

"Brick, Common, Buff"

"Brick, Common, Brown"

For each of these I've assigned an appearance that points to a different colour tweaked version of the "Brick_Uniform_Running.png", and set each of them to use a different RGB colour under the Graphics option.

Trouble is, whilst the viewport shading colour is correct (ie showing an RGB buff and brown), renders only ever show one PNG texture for all brickwork (the last one that I assigned - always seems to update the other brick material).

It seems as though somehow they are acting as a family where, although derivative of another material they always share the same texture regardless.

I may have missed something very obvious - I hope so, because I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment.

Thanks,

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The same happens to me....and I did not find a solution to this...

Anyway , I observed that if I load it from a library and I choose from Duplicate Appearance Name the option Keep Both , I can make changes in the second material independently from the first one...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report