Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH DOOR TRANSPARENCY

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
wolverine01
3942 Views, 17 Replies

PROBLEM WITH DOOR TRANSPARENCY

Hi, I'm having problem with this door. i want to see beyong the glass, but i deleted the glass already and it still something there that don't let me see inside the house but when i click the frame you can see everything inside. 

i need to know why it doesn't let me see  thrugh the window. and how can i fix it. 

here is the link of the video that i did:http://screencast.com/t/4sFclVwE5Nho

thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ennujozlagam
in reply to: wolverine01

have you change the materials og the glass?

is there anyway you can post the door family to investigate?

shalom...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 18

Verify Phase : Phasing and Phase Filter....

Try, for instance , to check in Phase Fiter:  Show Complete instead of Show All...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 18
Alisder.Brown

This cannot be done to the basic/normal window family (to my knowledge) it is a hard coded setting in Revit.

To get this output, the only way i can think of would be to delete the glazing from the window family and nest in the glazing instead.

Create a new family and make a new sheet of glass with Length, Height and thickness parameters and a material parameter. Tick the option for it to be "SHARED" then Load this sheet of glazing into the window family and place it and align lock to desired location and link all the parameters. Again, tick to make the window shared and load it into your project. Now you can TAB select the glazing independent from the rest of the window, override its graphics in the elevation view and make it X% transparent.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 18
cjgielens
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

when you open the family, click the opening

thick the transparent in Elevation (standard only thicked in 3D)

after reload in project you can see through the opening in elevation

Message 6 of 18
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: cjgielens

Nice one CJG, never noticed this option before!

To expand on this, you will need to add a Visibility parameter to the glazing and and elevation swing lines in your family. Once turned off, using cjgielens tip you see through the window. 

Although this sorts the issue of seeing behind the window, it does not allow you to have the effect of transparent glass. But you get the desired output.

If you want transparent glass, i would say the option for nesting in the glazing and overriding the graphics works best.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 7 of 18
wolverine01
in reply to: ennujozlagam

hi, sorry about the late answer.  ennujozlagam, i uploaded a door like this you can check.

can you post a video or some pic about how to do it? 

thanks to all of you.

Message 8 of 18
ennujozlagam

hi , please find attached..

2nd thought.

try to cut an opening in the wall in elevation(size of door) and see how it goes.

hoe it helps.

shalom...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 9 of 18
ennujozlagam

attached files

Message 10 of 18
wolverine01

hi, i have done it and the problem is that if i put the transparency on it , it apply the transparency on the frame and on the glass and i just need the transparency on the glass.

it looks ok on the 3D view but not on the sections. 

thanks

Message 11 of 18
ennujozlagam

Hi , sorry for late reply.

Let accept the reality at this moment that there is no solution for this problem.

Please read this link.

http://revitoped.blogspot.sg/2011/05/dept-of-subtle-opening-transparent-in.html

Im sorry....shalom

Message 12 of 18
cjgielens

it is possible... after you turned on transparancy in elevation, go to the elevation view

now use VG and turn of glass in windows and doors

now you can see through the glass in this elevation view

Message 13 of 18

Or use the method i explained, this way you can keep the glass in the window and just make the glass itself transparent. I have tried it and it works well.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 14 of 18

see attached family.

Loaded into the project, you can tab select the glazing independent from he window and override its transparency.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 15 of 18

Hi Guys, Sorry for late reply. I tried your suggestion and followed your instructions. I made an experiment if the door transparency will work in the shaded elevation. I created a simple model with 4 walls and nested the Glass panel into the door family loaded to the projects. Tab the glass panel, overide graphics in view, surface transparency and adjust the transparency. But it seems that the panel did not change as expected. (see attached "test 1"). And then tried to modify the customised door added a component "cabinet" behind the door and loaded again into the project and everything becomes transparent (see attached"test 2"). I really dont know where it went wrong. Where did i make mistakes? Any idea. Anyways I attached the files for reference. Thanks.

Message 16 of 18

Ennu

Your family is fine, you just forgot cjgielens tip about selecting the Door opening inside the family and ticking to have it transparent in Elevations (tick box up in the Green options bar below the ribbon). After doing this your family works great.

Select the Door opening inside the family > Tick the option for Transparent in Elevations > Done

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 17 of 18

Thank you...

Message 18 of 18
ennujozlagam

hi did you manage to solve your problem???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report