Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Dimension Styles when exporting to Cad formats from Revit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
aquariusln229
755 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with Dimension Styles when exporting to Cad formats from Revit

When I export to CAD formats, 1 Dimension Style in Revit is automatically duplicated to many styles in Cad.

I knew that because I moved the text of dimension to another place in Revit. But I don't know how to solve it. 

Is there any way to reduce the Dimension Styles down?

Please help me.

Thank for your regard!

01.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi try to purge all dimension style you don't need in revit before you exported to autocad. Hope it helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your help!

I tried it but it didn't work.

In a new file, I've just use 1 dimension style.

In picture 1, I didn't do anything with dimensions. Then it's ok in cad format.

But in picture 2, I moved the dimension text to another place. And then, in cad format, it automatically duplicated to many dimension styles.

It's really troublesome if there's a lot of dimension styles in cad.  

Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9

is there anyway you can send me the files to check im my email add. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9

I've sent email for you. Thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 9

hi , sorry for late reply. i already send the solution to your problem thru your email add including the test files. hope in helps. thanks and regards.

Message 7 of 9

Thank for your reply! 

You meant that in revit I shouldn't do anything with the dimensions? But if I don't move the text, I can't see the number clearly.

So there is not any way to solve it? Thanks a lot!

Message 8 of 9

hi, i didn’t not say you can’t do anything with the dimension in Revit, yes you can. No solution yet at present time for this problem ( i guess). When you exported into AutoCAD select all the dimensions and change to one dimension style solve your problem and then purge to delete all the dimension style you don’t need.

Thanks and regards.

Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report