Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with adding doors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdesposito2
1431 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with adding doors

Hey,

So I am trying to add some storefront doors into my storefront that is already placed. The normal doors work, but I can not load in, any other door types from the "doors" family component library. It will only let me use the type that is already loaded in. It doesnt even give me an error dialogue, just the circle with the slash through it when i click on "Open" to load a door in. Please help!

Thank you!

-matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: mdesposito2

Store front doors are a bit different. You cannot load them with the normal doors because they are not... Normal...

With the curtain wall doors - You need to swap out the panel for the door.

Go to the Insert Tab and load the doors that way.

Then select the panel where you want the doors to be placed and go to the Type Selector and look for your store front doors - select the one you want and it will replace the panel with the door.

Does this make sense?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5

If I understood you well you  have a Curtain Wall   Storefront in wich you want to insert a door.

Only Curtain Wall doors can be inserted.

Look for something with the prefix:.M(if metric)_Curtain Wall 

The insertion must be made in  elevation View of the storefront curtain wall...select (with TAB) the panel in wich you want to make insertion, unpin it and from Edit Type , load a Curtain Wall door..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
mdesposito2
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you! The doors still dont show that they load after using the Insert Tab, until I actually selected a panel and "unpinned" it so that I was able to then see the doors and select them to insert in place of the panel. This helped a lot. The storefronts, curtain grids, and doors are definitely more tricky. I appreciate it!

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your help! It worked after trying some variations of exaclty what you mentioned to do. Adding the double door was more difficult since you can not select more than one panel at a time. I deleted the mullions and just "dragged" the line over to provide the space for the double door to fill in place of the panels. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report