Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 6.0 version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alessandro
166 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with 6.0 version

I can't open one file working in 5.1 version with new 6.0 version. answer is Uncoverable error. We have to work with 2 versions on computer? It's not so good for a autodesk product!!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: alessandro

no, you don't have to. you have the option of not working with consultants that work with old releases. Autodesk has made it very well known that old versions of Revit may not be able to open newer version files. There is no problem having differnt whole number versions on the same machine. but if you work with consultants that use old versions, you must also use the old version. This is not 2D linework we are converting, but 3D models with intelligence. It is necessarily more complicated and requires a bit more attnetion on our part. "alessandro" wrote in message news:6473465.1075832419659.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I can't open one file working in 5.1 version with new 6.0 version. answer is Uncoverable error. We have to work with 2 versions on computer? It's not so good for a autodesk product!!
Message 3 of 6
alessandro

I'm sorry for my english but i think that you don't understand me.
I make one project with 5.1 version. OK.
Now i installed 6.0 version. OK.
I can't open the file with 6.0 there are errors that in 5.1 are not signaled.
Sorry but this is not normally.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ahhh...much different problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :) I have had several problems with opening several 5.1 projects in 6.0. If you can't figure it out, send it to the Revit support team and they will take a look at it and convert it manually for you. You may lose a dimension or a constrained element, but they will tell you what element ids were affected by it. Otherwise, if you look at the element ids that it brings up in the error dialog, you can remove the constraints form those elements yourself and if that doesn't work, remove the elements themselves, then replace them in the new file. Greg "alessandro" wrote in message news:5761225.1075834132315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm sorry for my english but i think that you don't understand me. > I make one project with 5.1 version. OK. > Now i installed 6.0 version. OK. > I can't open the file with 6.0 there are errors that in 5.1 are not signaled. > Sorry but this is not normally.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It's a common problem. It happened to me also. Some of your 5.1 files may still work in 6.0 though. I only had one file do this. "Greg Cashen" wrote in message news:401fefb6$1_1@newsprd01... > Ahhh...much different problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :) > > I have had several problems with opening several 5.1 projects in 6.0. If you > can't figure it out, send it to the Revit support team and they will take a > look at it and convert it manually for you. You may lose a dimension or a > constrained element, but they will tell you what element ids were affected > by it. Otherwise, if you look at the element ids that it brings up in the > error dialog, you can remove the constraints form those elements yourself > and if that doesn't work, remove the elements themselves, then replace them > in the new file. > > Greg > > > "alessandro" wrote in message > news:5761225.1075834132315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I'm sorry for my english but i think that you don't understand me. > > I make one project with 5.1 version. OK. > > Now i installed 6.0 version. OK. > > I can't open the file with 6.0 there are errors that in 5.1 are not > signaled. > > Sorry but this is not normally. > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Change to ARCHICAD. Much bettre and European.;-) East-European "alessandro" wrote in message news:6473465.1075832419659.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I can't open one file working in 5.1 version with new 6.0 version. answer is Uncoverable error. We have to work with 2 versions on computer? It's not so good for a autodesk product!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report