Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem placing lighting fixtures Revit 2014

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
leannie.parrie
451 Views, 1 Reply

Problem placing lighting fixtures Revit 2014

I'm new to Revit and I am trying to to place a downlight underneath a cabinet I have in a kitchen, but every time I try to place it where I want it a warning pops up saying "None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Level 1 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings." I don't know what to do. Please help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

The underside of a kitchen cabinet is usually at 1500mm above floor level and typically the cut plane is at 1200mm (depends on the country and standard) So it won't be visible with default settings.
Go to your view properties and change the cut plane to be above the bottom of the cabinet and change the view settings to wire frame so you'll actually see through the cabinet.
Also, make sure that Electrical Fixtures (or whatever family you are using for the downlight) is enabled in the Visibility/Graphics overrides.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report