Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Problem in plan with window family

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1333 Views, 10 Replies

Problem in plan with window family

Hello,

I have created a window family to place it in a slanted wall. When I place it in the wall and go to the plan view, the window is not cut at all (see image attached: on the left, there's a normal window and on the right the one I created...) Any suggestion of how to solve this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably, your window is being cut, but the solid that represents the header of the window has not been set to  set not show on plan views.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I see... so how do I do that? (Forgive this rookie again...)

Message 4 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

In the family, select that header piece, and, on the ribbon, find "Visibility Settings"; then uncheck "Plan/RCP". Load into project again and see if that fixes the problem.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I did it, selecting the whole mullion, but nothing happens. I also tried it with the glass, both, both with "Plan/RCP" and "When cut in Plan/RCP (if category permits)" unchecked, the mullion and the glass separately with this latter option... but nothing. When I load it again into the project, the window stays the same.
What else can I do?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hello? Can anyone help me with this? Please!
Message 7 of 11
L.Maas

Maybe you can upload the project or at least the part with the problem window so that we can have a look at what is happening. 

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Sure, thanks! The project I'm working on is too large, so I just attached a simple model of 2 slanted walls with the 2 slanted windows, hope you can see it clearly now and help me out.

Message 9 of 11
chrisplyler

I've read something about this in the past... never tried it myself but give it a shot...

Face based windows will not cut in plan views. Work-around is as follows:

1. Edit the window family. Change the Family Category to Generic Model instead of Window. Load it back into your project. It now cuts properly. But it's not going to tag or schedule as a window any more.

2. To solve that problem, create a new Face Based Window family that is empty. Nest your modified one (the one you just edited to be a generic model instead of a window) into this new window family. Now you've got generic model geometry that cuts properly in a window family that tags and schedules properly.

xtn

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

It finally works!! how come Revit doesn't cut a normal window? Anyways, thank you very much!!
Message 11 of 11
chrisplyler

I don't know why Revit won't cut a window in a slanted wall, but you are welcome very much. If my answer solved your problem, please select it as a solution.

xtn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report