Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem drawing a dormer wall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chive
389 Views, 3 Replies

Problem drawing a dormer wall

Hi,

I am having problems drawings in a wall with the wall starting at room level (on the slope) and then attaching it up to eaves levels. I can attach it to the eaves level, but I cant attach it downwards to meet the roof at the slope. My attachment should help to explain my problem.Anyone any suggestions??
Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: chive

Have you tried selecting the wall and editing the profile to fit the space you are looking for?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
chive

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry I forgot to mention the that the wall is curved and it is not giving me the option to edit the profile on the curved wall.

Message 4 of 4
loboarch

You can't edit the profile of a wall curved in plan.  One option wehn you need to edit the profile of a curved wall is to use a generic in place family void.  then use the void to cut the geometry of the wall.  Here is an example of using this technique to cut an opening in a curving wall.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Jeff.Hanson/folders/Jing/media/7d1ae5d0-6f94-429c-b8c5-d0676d8857e6

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report