Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Troubles - Fit to Sheet

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Tyler_SPH
11434 Views, 8 Replies

Printing Troubles - Fit to Sheet

I am having trouble with printing in revit as I am new to it and am used to the way autocad works. For starters I cant seem to get my prints to fill the page. In the attached image below, the most inner box is my title block which I created as 24x6. The next box out is a box that revit seems to be placing on my drawings. I do not know what this is or what dictates where it goes. Thirdly, I do not have it outlined but if you can see the extents of the image you can see there is alot of white space placed outside of black box revit is placing around my drawings. I would like to know how to fix this and have my drawings fit properly to the sheet. It seems revit is scaling them down to fit them to the sheet and with all the extra white space I am doubting they are at scale on paper.

3.pngAlso I am wondering what is the best method for PDFing drawings in revit as it seems its not as simple as autocad.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Tyler_SPH

Revit is not very good with printing "Fit to Page", as it always adds a ton of extra margin space. If you are printing to PDF, you should set it to "Zoom: 100%" instead (Print » "Print Setup..." button). This will yield a true-scale print.

Printing to PDF is pretty easy using a PDF writer (such as CutePDF which is free), and taking advantage of Print » "Selected views/sheets" to print a set of drawings in one routine.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
mklineL8NEW
in reply to: CoreyDaun

How can a program which is intended to produce drawings not be able to print to fit the page?!? Do the developers have any real world experience? Do they think everyone only prints full size?

Message 4 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: mklineL8NEW

Thank heavens Revit does not print to fit the page! Zoom 100% will print correctly scaled drawings. Fit To Page may not.

Have never used Fit To Page and never will - just for this reason!!

If you don't want to print a full sized sheet, select the correct sheet size and change the zoom value accordingly.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: mklineL8NEW

@mklineL8NEW wrote:

How can a program which is intended to produce drawings not be able to print to fit the page?!? Do the developers have any real world experience? Do they think everyone only prints full size?

It does.  To reduce the margins, see settings below.  By the way, I always print to full size PDF so that I can just print the PDF to whatever paper size I need (I don't).

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 9
mklineL8NEW
in reply to: ToanDN

Well I'll be... It does work.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
dhawkinsY7KWN

Move ToanDN's solution to the top; it's the one that works.

Message 8 of 9
hjlcanton

using "scale: 100%"  instead of  "fit to page" would help

Message 9 of 9

Also make sure you don't have invisible things like reference lines bleeding out of your margins.  They're visible in the titleblock family but not the project but the printer still acknowledges them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report