Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing sheets to scale in ArchD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3557 Views, 2 Replies

Printing sheets to scale in ArchD

I am using the student version of Revit and have desparately been trying to create a document that would print to scale. I use PDF creator to convert Revit to pdf, but it always comes messed up by an inch or so...insted of 4.6, it prints 4.75 (or the other way around). I tried formating my title block in many different ways, including deleting the outer lines. Nothing works. There is no Arch D format in the family of titleblocks. I am a complete beginner, just started using Revit a couple months ago, with no knowledge of CAD or anything similar. When I look at the PDF creator page of my doc, it shows that the doc has been properly sized, but when the print place prints it out, it is off by 1" or so.

How do I format my sheet so it prints to scale in format 24" X36"?

Grateful 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, you need at least 3 things:

1) Use a titleblock family in Revit that is 24" x 36" (probably need to modify an exisitng one and save as...)

2) Specify a page size that is 24" x 36" in your PDF printer driver.

3) Print the sheets to zoom 100%.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo.

1. I created title block 24 X36

2. I specified the page size

3 .I specified print to scale

4. I specified no margin

However,

The sheet still has a margin and the scale is even more off! Do you have a suggestion which pdf converter to use? The closest I came to correct scale was off by 1/10" in scale 1/4"-1'.

Any other suggestions/guesses?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report