Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing multiple sheets with different sizes to pdf.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
spacefab
5466 Views, 7 Replies

Printing multiple sheets with different sizes to pdf.

We are looking for an easy straightforward way to print / export an entire set of sheets to pdf.

-

The sheets have different papersizes and we want them to be named with the sheet number + name, and possible a prefix by choice.

-

We have Adobe Acrobat X installed as pdf printer.

-

So far we managed to print an entire set to pdf with these somewhat annoying issues:

1. The naming adds the word "sheet" between the chosen prefix and number-name.

can we get rid of this?

2. The prints seem only to follow the actual Revit Print-setup, on papersizes.

Which means that we need to have print-sessions on every paper size used in a project.

Stange that in Revit the paper print-setup, doesnt follow the sheet definitions.(?)

Is there a way within Revit to solve this to a more automated workflow?

Or do we have to implement thirdparty plugiins / solutions?

-

Thans in advance for any help.

Staermose / Spacefab

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: spacefab

It sounds like you print each sheet separately to PDF, that is why the "sheet"prefix shows up. You can merge them (in the print dialog, where you sleect sheets etc.).

May I ask why you have your project on different sheetsizes? Is it for soem shop drawings etc.? 

anyway, the only way i know of would be to print one batch of 24x36 and the other in 11x17 (if thsoe are your sizes) and merge the PDF. but you likley want to number the sheets so they are not all mixed up. i.e. have all 24x36 first and then the 11x17 etc. 

It seems you actually want single PDf for each sheet, if i understand that correctly. My response likley isn't very helpful, though. but to my knowledge Revit prints it to whatever size you set it in the print dialog, not what the hseetsize int eh project is. 

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 3 of 8
spacefab
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Thanks for your answer, but you are right, that it doesn´t solve our issues.

-

In our region (denmark), we are used to handle projects, revisions etc. "by sheet".

Hence we are looking for an easy way to create the entire sheetlist of documents as single pdf-files.

-

What puzzles me here is that we can make a physical printer choose paper by layout size, even though the setting in the revit print setup is fixed, but we can´t make this work when creating pdfs with Adobe Acrobat.

-

So if anybody has experience with other pdf-printers that meet this issue, please let me know.

-

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
alan.quinn

I'm not aware of any automated way to address this in Revit or Abobe. However, I'm guessing that someone has a third party application that will help. 

Thanks for posting. 

Message 5 of 8

Hi!

I know your message is old but we are running into the same problem.

Have you found a way of publishing many diferent size PDF´s at the same time?

Thanks!

Mariano

Message 6 of 8
Nikki_Walt

You would need to create a View/Sheet Set for the different sizes and setup a seperate Print Setup for each sheet size. 
You can then print each Set (sheets of the same size) and save them as ONE PDF, you can then use a program called PDF Viewer Plus to combine the PDFs.
That's what I do. Printing in Revit is not linked to the sheet's individual properties unfortunately. 

Hope this solves your issue and if it does please mark it as solved.
If this does not help please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Nikki_Walt
BIM Consultant
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Certified Revit Professional
Message 7 of 8
aino.korhonen
in reply to: Nikki_Walt

But if the Project is full of different sheet sizes? Site plan, all different length elevations and sections, floorplans, details... There's easily dozens of sheet sizes and we would need to create sets according to sheet size - not the parent topic (setions, elevation etc). This would cause lot of additional work to sort all the PDFs afterwards.

In DWFs and DXT export / publishing it's possible to choose <Use Sheet Size>, couldn't this be achieved somehow with printing PDFs too?

Message 8 of 8
risaku
in reply to: aino.korhonen

look into BlueBeam.  it does this very nicely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report