Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in Tabloit or 17 x 11 size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
octavio2
597 Views, 4 Replies

Printing in Tabloit or 17 x 11 size

I have tried to print in Tabloit or 17 x 11 a Sheet, which of course is reduced, but I keep getting large magins and I cannot get a good print that almost "fit" the 17 x 11 sheet of paper.  I have played and changed the settings of both the printer and also of the Revit Plot dialog many times and ahve tried with different numbers and clicked many of the different buttoms in the Revit Plot dialog, but still without success.

This kind of adjustment to "fit" is easy and logical in AutoCAD with the "Fit To Paper" of the Plot Dialog of AutoCAD, but so far seems impossible to achieve in Revit, unless there is a super secret setting there that is not obvious and that I have missed.

What is the way to "Fit To Paper" a Revit Sheet (are the Sheets that we create in Revit 36 x 24?) really well into a Tabloit or 17 x 11 size?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: octavio2

I haven't found a way to defeat the obnoxiously oversized margins that Revit adds. You're probably best off setting it to Centered and manually calculating the Zoom %, which in your case would be 44%.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

Print your Revit sheets to a full size 24"x36' Adobe file. Print your Adobe file to hard copy with shrink to best fit. It won't be exactly half size unless you start with an ANSI D size sheet. It saves you the trouble trying to set a D size sheet to fit a B size.

Arthur

Message 4 of 5
octavio2
in reply to: octavio2

01.20.14 This issue of the very LARGE margins when printing on Tabloit 17 x 11 sheets has not been resolved yet in Revit 2014?

Message 5 of 5

I have exactly the same issue.  I think of myself as a reeally good-leveled Revit user,  but still haven´t been able to print directly from revit!

Were you able to solve it?   If so,  I´ll be reeeally happy if you´ll share the big secret!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report