Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing at school works printing at home same settings does not

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
172 Views, 2 Replies

printing at school works printing at home same settings does not

I am not a trouble shooter or a computer person.  I am taking 2 auto cad classes.

Other than that I really don't use a computer much, so all this computer talk scares me.

My scale requirements per drawing don't work at my home.

I set them up at school and take a picture on my phone.

I come home and set up the same--some drawings are off the page, some are not the correct scale, some the boarder lines are missing.

It's all over the place.  I had my pc tech person come here to help.  He says that it is an auto cad problem.  If he cannot help who can?

I was told to download a pdf program and use that instead.  When I began that process, my virus protection software told me that the site was not safe.

I just want someone with tech ability to log on to my pc and fix this, but the auto cad desk tells me I have to get answers this way

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Firstly, you are posting on the wrong forum.  Go here for AutoCAD questions.

Secondly, judging from your post, I doubt you will be able to set your computer up for remote access.  Please no offense.

The best immediate option for you would be uploading your CAD files here so someone maybe able to fix it for you.  The best long term deal is you will need to go back to your AutoCAD class lessons and try to understand them a little bit more.

Message 3 of 3
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume you are talking about printing from a Layout tab in Autocad.

Your school probably has layout(s) with Page Setup settings that are appropriate.

Your copy of Autocad at home has probably never had Page Setups created other than the default 8-1/2" x 11".

Watch some youtube videos about Autocad Page Setup and I'll bet you can figure this out on your own. Maybe also watch some about viewport scales if that's something that confuses you also.

Computer techs aren't likely to know the ins and outs of Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report