Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

Printing and area hatching

130 Views, 2 Replies
11-29-2012 09:25 AM

Hi

I've set up a coloured area drawing which looks fine on screen (using solid, coloured hatching).  When I try to print to PDF or DWF the hatching moves forwards and obscures a lot of the detail.

Given that there is no apparent way of moving the automated area hatching backwards and that, surely, the sheets are supposed to be WYSISYG how can I overcome this?

Any thoughts.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: Printing and area hatching

12-02-2012 04:33 PM in reply to: chris.pitt

How was the color applied? Is it a color scheme, is it a drafting region?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: Printing and area hatching

12-03-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo

It was generated using the colour scheme function.

I've sort of got over it by using a hidden line view as opposed to a wire frame view which I was going to use.  That raised issues with certain objects not hatching but nothing that couldn't be overcome by using some strategically placed regions.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.