Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precast lintels and frames

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
633 Views, 3 Replies

Precast lintels and frames

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to add a precast lintel to windows? I've done it with a door by adding it in the door family , but wanted a more flexible thing for adding to windows no matter what size they are or type (casement vs. sliding, etc.). Otherwise I guess I need to construct one for each window family I create. Can this be done as an addition to a wall? On a side note, any idea why a family parameter that is derived from a formula (adding various dimensions detemined by other family parameters), does not update in a project when that family is loaded? I have a width based on adding door width and frame width and it will not update if I change the door width when creating another type. Hmmm. TIA Chris Broda
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

you could create your lintel as a separate family, then nest that family into individual window families. Then link the parameters and the lintel will flex with the window as the size changes. "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:41238374$1_3@newsprd01... > Anyone have a suggestion as to how to add a precast lintel to windows? > > I've done it with a door by adding it in the door family , but wanted a more > flexible thing for adding to windows no matter what size they are or type > (casement vs. sliding, etc.). Otherwise I guess I need to construct one for > each window family I create. Can this be done as an addition to a wall? > > On a side note, any idea why a family parameter that is derived from a > formula (adding various dimensions detemined by other family parameters), > does not update in a project when that family is loaded? I have a width > based on adding door width and frame width and it will not update if I > change the door width when creating another type. Hmmm. > > TIA > > Chris Broda > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Which family type would the lintel be? Can I do the same for the frame (jamb)? I'm trying to frame openings with precast concrete - about 12" wide. Thanks CB
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I think you should make the lintel a generic family. You could do the same for a frame. If you go to the Revit forums at AUGI, there is several posts about nested families, and how they work. SD "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:4123fe75$1_2@newsprd01... > Which family type would the lintel be? > > Can I do the same for the frame (jamb)? I'm trying to frame openings with > precast concrete - about 12" wide. > > Thanks > > CB > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report