Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible corruption

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
davehenderson44
306 Views, 4 Replies

possible corruption

Since the end of Aug. 2012 I've been making families for a manufacturer. I left Friday evening with good families. This morning I am finding all the families I checked with a problem.

When I move the cursor across the various views it doubles the views. Rolling the mouse wheel one click either way to zoom in or out cleans the view but on the next time the cursor goes across the view it doubles it again. Now there are 4 views overlapping each other. The next time it is possibly 8, and so on. It is difficult to count them because they are overlapping but it looks like they are doubling each time.

The software is Revit Architecture 2011 and the computer is a Dell Precision T3500.

Has anyone seen this problem and, if so do you know what has happened?  Are the families corrupted or is it the computer?  Is there a toggle I hit that I shouldn't have?  I can't see this as a special feature anyone would want so maybe my last question could be tossed.

I tried re-booting but the problem is still there.

Thank you for any assistance given.

Dave Henderson

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

With closer inspection of this problem the quantity of views is not doubling with each cursor pass.  It is only adding one view per pass.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be happening, and why?  Then, is there a solution?

Thank you, again for any help you can give.

Dave Henderson

Message 3 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: davehenderson44

When you say it's "doubling" the views, do you mean that the same view name visually overlaps itself, or do you mean that it's actually duplicating the views?

If it's the former, it's very likely a graphics card issue.  Check your drivers and either update/rollback as required.

if it's the latter, try a different mouse.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 5

The attachment on this reply hopefully conveys the problem.  By your recommendation it sounds like a computer issue.  Whew, I will be very glad if that is the problem.  I really couldn't see how all those files could be corrupted over the weekend and I definitely didn't want to start over.

It looks like it is overlapping the views, adding one each time I pass the cursor over the view.

I mentioned your reply to the powers that be, and was told to check on the Autodesk site to see what card and driver is suggested that we will need.

Please let me know if there is a problem with the attachment /  image in MS Word.

Thank you, again.

Dave

Message 5 of 5

Over  the weekend there were some Windows up-dates that may have affected Revit Architecture 2011.  I downloaded the newest version of the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 driver but that did not fix the problem.

A work around was found which is un-check the "Use Hardware Acceleration (Direct3D_)" check box undeer "Options" / "Graphics".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report