Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Wall Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GHASEM_ARIYANI
353 Views, 3 Replies

Polygon Wall Problem

hi

Why when Drawing wall With Tool Polygon Surface External Wall Inside the polygon Placed.

Is there a way There are The default In the external Be.

Not pressing Space While drawing.

Because the radius is important for me.

thanks.

Polygon Wall Problem.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It seems that there is indeed a problem with the wall orientation...at least I didn't find the solution...

Personally, I do not find it very frustrating because I prefer to make first a geometric sketch that allows me a more accurate approach :

1. First , I draw a polygon : Architecture > Model Line > Inscribed (or Circumscribed ) Polygon .
  2. Then: Architecture > Wall > Pick Lines....use TAB in order to select the entire polygon and hovering the mouse control how the wall is placed  (image 1 and 2) on the polygon edges....

But , as I said, this is my personal approach....

Image 212.png

Image 214.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4

hi

Namely I draw One Polygon Should be Of several Tools I use.

No - I do not accept

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

Yes, I agree with Constantin. I would draw a polygon with lines, first, then I would draw walls following that polygon as a guide. Not a big deal.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report