Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud placement problems

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Kristjankk
195 Views, 0 Replies

Point cloud placement problems

Hi,
I am having som problems with point clouds. Original point cloud file that has an origin point far away (real coordinates) is unable to be placed at the exact placement. And when I move it it moves 600mm up or down (Y axis) and 15mm left to right (X axis). Smiley Frustrated

It worked fine in 2014 but now i 2015 it does not place at exact place, I drew a circle in one of the corners that aligns to the correct place according to the real coordinates, but the point cloud is unable to stay where it should be. So the data that we are getting from the point cloud is not something that we can trust. Smiley Surprised

I have another (same) point cloud that has none origin other than 0 point, not far away. And that one works fine.

I know that Revit is not as precise as when it is placed next to the 0 point. But is there any work around that I could get the point cloud with the origin placed exactly where the building is?

The main project uses shared coordinates.

Thanks.... Smiley Happy

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report