Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud not displaying correctly in Revit 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SevernPartnership2011
864 Views, 3 Replies

Point Cloud not displaying correctly in Revit 2012

Hi All,

I am having some issues with the point cloud in Revit 2012.  Everytime I import the scan cloud it doesn't fully appear.  Only a small part of it appears.  When I rotate round or zoom in and out it sometimes flicks in and out of visibility.  See attached image.

I have downloaded the latest service pack for Revit but it still doesn't work.  Is it to do with the computer I am running it on and the graphics card I have.  See below for the sepc of my computer:

Dell Precision M6400

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

Q9100 @ 2.26GHz

1.58 GHz, 3.48 GB of RAM

Running Windows XP 32bit

NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Try unchecking the 3d Hardware acceleration (Direct3D) under Options, close then reopen the file.  We had this same problem at my company and this did the trick.  G'luck!

Clara
----------
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, that worked perfectly.  Finally I can see the Points...

Message 4 of 4

Oh good -- I'm glad that resolved your issue.

Clara
----------
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report