Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLT FILE PROBLEMS...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
172 Views, 12 Replies

PLT FILE PROBLEMS...

I have problems making PLT files in Revit. I use HP Designjet 2000 (used well with all ACADs) and all I can see is black background. The problem is that I don't have a plotter now and I have to go to a friend's office. Please help me a little with this, it's important. What am I doing wrong? TIA Dimitris
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please describe in more details the process you are following. 1) Have you installed HP Designjet 2000 printer driver on your computer even though you don't have a physycal plotter? 2) Are you printing to file using this plotter diriver? 3) What is in your print setup dialog? (a) Vector or Raster HLR? (b) What option do you use for colors? 4) Do you see things OK in print preview? 5) Does it work if you use default windows file name extension 'prn' as opposed to ACAD customary 'plt'? 6) Did you try printing to file from some other application, for example Word (that will produce an prn file) and did it work? "JTB" wrote in message news:414358d6_1@newsprd01... > I have problems making PLT files in Revit. I use HP Designjet 2000 (used > well with all ACADs) and all I can see is black background. The problem is > that I don't have a plotter now and I have to go to a friend's office. > Please help me a little with this, it's important. What am I doing wrong? > > TIA > Dimitris > >
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Installed HP DesignJet 755C and OCE 9800 . I used HP DesignJet 2000 with ACAD. Raster HLR Everything OK in Preview No PRN - No PLT, it's the same.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

I thought Revit could make PLT files as easy as AutoCAD. PDF files are larger and difficult to send via e-mail even in zip format. What I will do (I think) is this : 1. Export to AutoCAD 2. Make PLT file 3. Send If there is anyone that knows the problem of having black background when making PLT, please help, I need PLT all the time! Tnx Dimitris
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

So, are you printing to file using HP DesignJet 755C and later plot this file on HP DesignJet 2000? I have no idea if this is something that may work. You may want to check with HP but it does not sound kosher to me. If you are using Raster HLR then make sure that your Colors dropdown is set to either Grayscale or Color (even if printer is black and white). "JTB" wrote in message news:41436847$1_2@newsprd01... > > Installed HP DesignJet 755C and OCE 9800 . I used HP DesignJet 2000 with > ACAD. > Raster HLR > Everything OK in Preview > No PRN - No PLT, it's the same. > >
Message 6 of 13
marctsap

I too am having a major problem printing. Printing to HP600. All i get is solid black background. Help!
Message 7 of 13
sbrown

Make sure your print settings are set to color first.

Next for plt files you need to install the printer drivers on your local machine, then print to that printer and checkthe plot to file box. I know this works well with the Oce 9600 and 9800 I'm not sure about the hp printers. They may need to have postscript drivers installed or basic windows raster drivers. Go to Hp and see what drivers are available.
Message 8 of 13
marctsap

Stillhaving problems plotting. Everything comes out black. Can I print through a network connection ordoes it have to be a direct connect.

Everything plots fne in Autocad. So using the same setup with Revit as directed but still no plots.

If I plot to a file, then how do I get to ploter. "prn" file is created.
Message 9 of 13
sbrown

You can't use the same setup as autocad. Autocad uses Hp gl drivers, Revit uses Windows based drivers. Did you go to HP and find windows drivers for your printer? What I typically do is have 2 printers setup(not 2 physical printers) just 2 diff. drivers for the same printer. So I'll call one OCE for windows.
Message 10 of 13
sbrown

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=12677&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25152

here is where you need to get the driver from
Message 11 of 13
sbrown

You will see after you click hp2000 that there are 2 sets of drvers the top is for windows, the bot is for acad.
Message 12 of 13
marctsap

I am using a HP 600 plotter. Still no luck after using Window file driver. No separate Revit or Acad driver. HPsite indicates it is an HP-GL/2 driver.
Have set "pens" to color.
Still getting solid black background.
Message 13 of 13
sbrown

I guess thats the problem then, that its an hpgl driver and revit doesn't print using hp gl.

Try posting this issue to AUGI's revit forum, they get more traffic from long time users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report