Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot syles. help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lxgrunger
159 Views, 2 Replies

Plot syles. help

I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit.
How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing.
I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there anyway I can do something similiar in revit?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: lxgrunger

The beauty of Revit is that you aren't dealing with ctb files. You are dealing with real line weights that are directly associated with the objects when they are plotted. For Autodesk Revit components, set the projection, and, if applicable, cut Line Weights for the category. This enables you to control the display of geometry when it is cut and not cut without the need to create separate subcategories. For imported geometry layers, set the appropriate line weight. I hope this is helpful. Christie Landry Autodesk Revit Product Marketing Manager "lxgrunger" wrote in message news:503432.1091977092824.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit. > How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing. > I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there anyway I can do something similiar in revit?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: lxgrunger

My response to this question is always. Do your first project with the default settings. Revit looks pretty good out of the box. Then you can decide what needs to be adjusted. "Christie Landry [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:41179665$1_2@newsprd01... > The beauty of Revit is that you aren't dealing with ctb files. You are > dealing with real line weights that are directly associated with the objects > when they are plotted. > > For Autodesk Revit components, set the projection, and, if applicable, cut > Line Weights for the category. This enables you to control the display of > geometry when it is cut and not cut without the need to create separate > subcategories. For imported geometry layers, set the appropriate line > weight. > > I hope this is helpful. > > Christie Landry > Autodesk Revit Product Marketing Manager > > > "lxgrunger" wrote in message > news:503432.1091977092824.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit. > > How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing. > > I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there > anyway I can do something similiar in revit? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report