Revit Architecture

lxgrunger
Message 1 of 3 (77 Views)

Plot syles. help

77 Views, 2 Replies
08-08-2004 07:57 AM
I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit.
How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing.
I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there anyway I can do something similiar in revit?
*Christie Landry [Autodesk]
Message 2 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: Plot syles. help

08-09-2004 08:21 AM in reply to: lxgrunger
The beauty of Revit is that you aren't dealing with ctb files. You are dealing with real line weights that are directly associated with the objects when they are plotted. For Autodesk Revit components, set the projection, and, if applicable, cut Line Weights for the category. This enables you to control the display of geometry when it is cut and not cut without the need to create separate subcategories. For imported geometry layers, set the appropriate line weight. I hope this is helpful. Christie Landry Autodesk Revit Product Marketing Manager "lxgrunger" wrote in message news:503432.1091977092824.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit. > How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing. > I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there anyway I can do something similiar in revit?
*Aaron Rumple
Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: Plot syles. help

08-09-2004 11:23 AM in reply to: lxgrunger
My response to this question is always. Do your first project with the default settings. Revit looks pretty good out of the box. Then you can decide what needs to be adjusted. "Christie Landry [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:41179665$1_2@newsprd01... > The beauty of Revit is that you aren't dealing with ctb files. You are > dealing with real line weights that are directly associated with the objects > when they are plotted. > > For Autodesk Revit components, set the projection, and, if applicable, cut > Line Weights for the category. This enables you to control the display of > geometry when it is cut and not cut without the need to create separate > subcategories. For imported geometry layers, set the appropriate line > weight. > > I hope this is helpful. > > Christie Landry > Autodesk Revit Product Marketing Manager > > > "lxgrunger" wrote in message > news:503432.1091977092824.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I´m planning on moving from ADT to Revit. > > How do I set up a custom lineweight settings for printing. > > I use acad.ctb in autocad to control the lineweight by colors. Is there > anyway I can do something similiar in revit? > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.